Report of the Symposium which appeared on CERN Courier,
Spin is one of the basic properties of elementary particles.
The discoveries concerning Spin often triggered physicists
to open a new chapter of physics.
The spin structure of the nucleon,
namely how the nucleon spin 1/2 is composed of,
is one of the interesting challenges of QCD.
The aim of the symposium is to enhance communications among physicists
from Circum-Pan-Pacific region and from other regions.
Supporting presentations of young physicists is
another feature of this symposium.
- Date : July 5-8, 2005
- Site :
Tokyo Institute of Technology,
West Bldg. 9 ,
O-okayama 2-12-1, Meguro, Tokyo 152-8551 JAPAN
- Important Dates:
Registration (20,000 yen (15,000 yen for student)) was closed
on June 12, 2005.
Late registration is still accepted.
Please contact the conference organizer by sending E-mail.
- Spin and fundamental symmetries
- Spin in hard QCD processes
- Nucleon spin problem
- Structure functions of the nucleon and nuclei
- Polarized parton-distribution and fragmentation functions
Transversity, Collins effect, Sivers effect
- Higher twist effects
- Generalized Parton Distribution
- Recent progress of spin experiments:
HERMES, COMPASS, RHIC, JLab, SLAC and many others.
- Structure functions on the lattice and effective QCD models
- Spin and parity of penta-quark and hadron spectroscopy
- New idea and methods